If you type “difference between leadership and management” into Google, you’ll come up with about 4,000,000 results with business information leaders like Harvard Business and Forbes at the top giving many, many tips on how to be a better leader versus a manager. Type into Pinterest “leadership quotes” and you’ll be scrolling for hours.
With all that information out there, it can be hard to know where to start and because we know the struggle, we’re making it a little easier on you by rounding up some of our best articles on the inexhaustible subject of leadership.
1. In March we conducted our 2017 L&D leaders industry report (which you can download here) that lead to us making some interesting discoveries about the L&D industry. Take a look here: http://elearningmind.com/ld-leaders-leadership-most-important-success-2017/
2. We put together a list of the 5 most interesting discoveries we made from our 2017 L&D industry report: http://elearningmind.com/5-interesting-findings-2017-ld-industry-report/
3. One of the struggles we’ve observed that businesses face is their inability to fill the gaps in their leadership development; take a look at what you can do to fix this: http://elearningmind.com/businesses-struggling-fill-gaps-leadership-development/
4. Creativity is essential to businesses and leaders need to be able to foster this type of inspiration at work; take a look at how you can do that: http://elearningmind.com/how-leaders-can-inspire-creativity-at-work/
5. Sometimes when it comes to being a leader it can be tempting to rush the process but we urge you to slow down and read this case study on why slow and steady training wins:http://elearningmind.com/case-slow-steady-leadership-training/
6. Take a look at our solutions for becoming a conduit for leadership and learning how to move mountains; read more now:http://elearningmind.com/how-to-move-mountains-and-become-a-conduit-for-leadership/
7. There are 6 habits that highly effective leadership programs utilize that you should take a look at; read more: http://elearningmind.com/6-habits-of-highly-effective-leadership-programs/
8. Part of being a leader means welcoming new team members into your company and when you do that, you should have an idea of what perfect onboarding looks like: http://elearningmind.com/perfect-onboarding/
9. An effective leader needs to know how to keep their top talent from getting poached by another company; take a look at how learning and development can help: http://elearningmind.com/yelp-uses-ld-stop-employee-poaching/
10. Being a leader can be a very time consuming not to mention hectic which is why we highly encourage the use of mindfulness in your training; learn more here: http://elearningmind.com/mindfulness-in-your-leadership-training/
Becoming a better leader is lifetime effort that is built on character, experience, trial-and-error, and extensive reading. Cultivating an idea of how to lead – a leadership philosophy if you will – is an important aspect of business that will help your team learn and grow; As Simon Sinek says, “Leadership is not about being in charge, it’s about taking care of those in your charge.” Take charge and help your team grow by revitalizing your training that will help them foster ideas and creative problem solving through a digital learning program.